Russia offensive on Ukraine entered Day 6 with the second largest metropolis of Kharviv witnessing bombarding even because the Kremlin faces growing isolation on the world stage. A 17-mile Russian convoy – with lots of of tanks and autos – arrived on the outskirts of the capital metropolis of Kyiv, stories stated. The talks between each the edges on Monday continued for almost 5 hours however made no headway.
Listed here are ten updates on the Russia-Ukraine conflict:
1. “When one facet is hitting one another with rocket artillery”, Kyiv was not ready to make concessions, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said in a late-night video address. “The talks had been going down in opposition to the backdrop of bombing and shelling of our territory, our cities. Synchronising of the shelling with the negotiating course of was apparent. I consider Russia is making an attempt to place stress (on Ukraine) with this easy technique,” he added.
2. Kyiv “stays a key objective” for Moscow,” the Ukraine President has stated. To cease the Russian bombardment, Zelenskyy has referred to as the West to contemplate a “no-fly” zone for the Russian plane.
3. Regardless of international stress, the Kremlin has put its nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missiles, submarines and long-range bombers on excessive alert after President Vladimir Putin’s orders on Sunday.
4. A uncommon three-day emergency session began on the 193-member UN Normal Meeting the place greater than 100 international locations are anticipated to talk over the “unjustified” Ukraine asault. “We do not feel isolated. The hostilities were unleashed by Ukraine against its own residents,” Russia’s UN ambassador Vassily Nebenzia was quoted as saying by the information company AFP. The 15-member UN Safety Council is holding a separate assembly.
5. “If Ukraine doesn’t survive … worldwide peace is not going to survive. Don’t have any illusions. If Ukraine doesn’t survive, we can’t be stunned if democracy fails subsequent,” Ukrainian Ambassador Sergiy Kyslytsya said at the assembly’s first emergency meeting since 1997.
6. Russia on Monday banned 36 countries from using its airspace, including all 27 members of the European Union. Global airlines will take a hit with the ban from flying over the world’s largest country.
7. The Ukraine President on Monday sought “fast” membership of the EU, insisting that “I’m positive… it is doable.” “We enchantment to the European Union for the fast accession of Ukraine by way of a brand new particular process,” he said. Kyiv has been trying to get military support with France, Germany and Canada coming to help. The war-hit nation has also started welcoming war volunteers from foreign nations.
8. In another punitive measure, the United States has expelled 12 Russian diplomats at the United Nations over national security concerns. With world leaders, US President on Monday discussed the efforts to further impose “extreme prices and penalties” on Russia for the Ukraine invasion.
9. Russian teams have been banned by world soccer body FIFA and European authority UEFA “till additional orders”. The men’s national team was to play in the World Cup qualifying match in three week’s time.
10. Ukraine has also asked the International Court of Justice to hold a hearing against Russia at the earliest. “…Ukraine requests the President of the Courtroom to name upon the Russian Federation to right away halt all navy actions in Ukraine to allow any order the Courtroom might make on the request for provisional measures to have its appropriated results,” an announcement by overseas minister Dmytro Kuleba learn.
(With inputs from AFP, AP, Reuters)