New Delhi, Mar 11: In a big enhance to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s imaginative and prescient on ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’, and in sync with the announcement within the Union Finances 2022-23 that allotted 25% of Defence R & D Finances for trade led R & D, 18 main platforms have been recognized by the Ministry of Defence for trade led Design & Development beneath varied routes.
- Hypersonic Glide Automobile
- Directed Vitality Weapons (300 KW and extra) [High Powered Electromagnetic Devices and High Powered Laser Devices]
- Naval Ship Borne Unmanned Aerial System (NSUAS)
- Mild Weight Tank
- Self-Therapeutic Mine Fields
- Unmanned Autonomous AI Based mostly Land Robotic
- 127 mm Naval Gun
- 127 mm Guided Projectile
- Electrical Propulsion (Engines) for Ships
- Standoff Airborne Jammer
- Li-ion Cells/ Li-Sulphur Cells [Portable High Capacity Energy Systems replacing the Conventional Hydrocarbons
- Communication System (AFNET System Switches, routers, Encryptors& VOIP phones)
- Electro Optical (EO) Pod (with subsequent upgrade to EO/IR) with high resolution sensing
- ‘Plug and Play’ Housing/ Infrastructure for soldiers posted at extreme altitudes.
Under the Defence Acquisition Procedure 2020, ‘Make’ Category aims to achieve self-reliance by involving greater participation of Indian industry. Projects involving design and development of equipment, systems, major platforms or upgrades thereof by the industry can be taken up under this category. For Projects under Make-I sub-category, Ministry of Defence will provide financial support up to 70% of total cost of prototype development.
Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) Model
Under SPV model, private industry will be encouraged to take up design and development of military platforms and equipment in collaboration with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and other organizations. Following two platforms have been identified under this category.
Long Range Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) [High Altitude Long Endurance (HALE)]
Indian Multi Position Helicopter (IMRH)
Initiatives of Begin-ups, MSMEs and so on. involving high-end innovation can be pursued beneath the iDEX class and the next platform has been chosen beneath this class.
Low Orbit Pseudo Satellites
Below Make-II, which is funded by trade with assured procurement, following platform has been listed.
Anti-jamming Techniques for A number of Platforms
Out of 18 main platforms talked about above, following 4 platforms have been already accorded Approval-In-Precept (AIP) beneath Make-I class on 03 March 2022:
Communication System (AFNET System Switches, routers, Encryptors& VOIP telephones)
EO Pod (with subsequent improve to EO/IR) with excessive decision sensing
Standoff Airborne Jammer
Mild Weight Tanks
The indigenous improvement of those tasks will assist harness the design capabilities of home defence trade and place India as a design chief in these applied sciences.
Story first printed: Friday, March 11, 2022, 19:23 [IST]