Watch: Fire continues to rage at godown for greater than 12 hours in Kolkata

New Delhi, Mar 13: An enormous fireplace that broke out at a godown in West Bengal’s Kolkata continued to rage even after 12 hours on Sunday.

The hearth broke out at a godown in Mehar Ali lane within the Tangra space of Kolkata on Saturday evening and firefighters have been instantly rushed to the spot. An official stated the fireplace “was not completely extinguished even after 10 hours” as there have been some extremely inflammable supplies within the godown.

“The fire has not been completely extinguished even after 10 hours as there are some highly inflammable materials in the godown and we are not able to enter inside. Two fire brigade personnel were injured during the dousing operation,” Debtanu Ghosh, a divisional fireplace officer, was quoted as saying by information company ANI.

The reason for the fireplace was but to be ascertained.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.